The procedure is to flatten your abdomen by removing excess skin, unwanted scars, stretch marks and fat and tightening abdominal muscle. It may be combined with liposuction to remove excess fat deposits. Depending on the result you want, this surgery can take from one to five hours.
Who are the best candidates for an abdominoplasty?
The procedure is suitable for both male and female who are in good health in general and are at a stable weight. It is to be a non-smoker.
An abdominoplasty is an alternative for men and women who are obese at one point but still have excessive fats deposits or loose skin in the abdominal area. The incision will be made b
There are two options for abdominoplasty The procedure will be determined after a consultation with a doctor.
1. Full abdominoplasty
This procedure is suitable for those who have a skin laxity, excess fat and separation of the muscles. The procedure is performed under anesthesia. Your abdomen will be cut from hipbone to hipbone in this procedure. The option for patients who require the most correction. Although this operation leaves the large scar, it does provide the greatest improvement in abdominal shape. People who are thinking about becoming pregnant should not undergo this procedure and should wait until they are sure that they will not have any more children.
2. Mini abdominoplasty
Mini abdominoplasty or partial abdominoplasty is a good option for those who have a small amount of abdominal skin to be removed. A general anesthesia is still needed. A mini abdominoplasty can restore a youthful figure, flat lower abdomen, following pregnancy, post baby or weight loss. This approach is less invasive than a full abdominoplasty.
1. Follow an instruction given by your surgeon.
2. Discuss your expectation with the surgeon.
3. Stop smoking and avoid certain medication such as Anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugs 2 weeks before an operation.
Post operative care
Take a rest and recover from your surgery .Lie on your side. Tuck your legs up when lying on your side and place 2 to 3 pillows under your knees when sleeping on your back. When coughing or sneezing open your mouth and place your hands on your abdomen. Gently push on your abdominal closure to protect it.
3. wound healing problems
4. post-op fluid collections
5. blood clots in the legs (deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
6. clots being thrown to the lungs (pulmonary embolism)
7. Change in skin sensation.
- Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery
- Scarless double eyelids surgery
- Rhinoplasty Augmentation
- Chin Implant
- Alar Reduction
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty and Alar Reduction
- Nose Implant Removal
- Facelift Surgery
- Unilateral and Bilateral Dimple Creation Surgery
- Unilateral and Bilateral Otoplasty
- Lip augmentation
- Cheek Implant